Saturday, December 31, 2011

Had a Holly Jolly Christmas

This year for Christmas I tried hard to bring a little more Christmas spirit into the house than usual.  Daniel though was kind of a Grinch this year.  He didn’t want to listen to Christmas music, watch Christmas movies or do much that had to do with Christmas.  He got a little better the closer Christmas got but it took a little bit of time for him to warm up to the idea.  By the time Christmas was over he could practically sing Jingles Bells perfectly and he is still singing it.  This year we spent Christmas at my parent’s house with Nanna, Papa, Uncle Tanner and Aunt Hilary, and Grandma and Silvi.  I have to say that Silvi is probably one of Daniel’s most favorite people ever and Silvi is so nice to play with him and spend so much of her time with Daniel when he is around.  They played toys, games and decorated cookies for Santa this year.  Then in the morning they woke up together, got everyone else up and went crazy on the presents.  This year as most years Daniel was slightly spoiled but oh well, it’s Christmas and he is four so I guess we’ll let it slide.  He got a new sled, snow clothes, books, remote control cars, racecar tracks and loads and loads of candy.  I got Shaun an Atari to play and some explosives to shoot with his gun.  I got a new little hand held camcorder that I really wanted and I’m super excited to start using it.  All in all it was a great Christmas, we really missed Jaci though this year.  It just wasn’t the same without her, but she had a great time at the MTC from what she has told us in her letters, so we are very, very happy and excited for her at this time.  Now it’s on to the New Year and then we don’t have much big going on until April when Tanner and Hilary get married!  
 

0 comments: